Sport In Shiraz
Shiraz has many bright faces and influenced not only Iran but also the world From the last round of history of more than 3 thousand years to today, in all scientific, research, cultural, artistic and sports fields. Shiraz is a good platform for all types of sports because of the high level of urban and nature, and because of the four seasons and suitable climate. Shiraz is among the most dynamic cities in the country and this indicates the interest and accompaniment of the people of Shiraz with sports and sports activities. The city has always been a great nursery for athletes .
The main sporting venue in Shiraz is Hafezieh Stadium which might setback to twenty,000 people. The stadium is that the venue for several of the cities football matches and has occasionally hosted the Iran national squad. Shiraz is additionally home to a different stadium, Pars Stadium, which are completed in 2017 and may host up to 50,000 spectators.
Here are some famous shirazi athletes in the world :
- Saeid-Reza Keikha is The fourth-person world gymnastics ranking that has been able to register six of these disciplines in the Book of gymnastics arbitration in his name, and in this regard
- Mahtab Nabavi is the first person of Para Taekwondo in Antalya World Championship.
- Frank Partoazar was at first place in ranking of the mountain cycling in Asia at 2017.
- The only Iranian lady who has been two consecutive at the Winter Olympics is named Forough Abbasi and from the people of Shiraz.
- Omid Haji Noruzi was born in Shiraz and has won the London Olympic gold medal and the World Championship medal in Istanbul and was 2011 champion of the World.
Due to its exposure in the Zagros region, Shiraz is a good environment for mountain sports, including trekking, rock climbing , mountain cycling and climbing walls.Shiraz has a special rock climbing region called Posht-e Mole which is like a first home for rock climbers in Shiraz .
Also, running has recently taken a colorful role in this city, and many runners are formed to carry out their daily workouts in environments where the municipality of the city has been prepared.There are some Running Clubs in the city which encourage people to join and have daily run together .
Here are some of places that municipality has built for walking , exercising and running :
Piade Rah-e Salamat ( Health Crosswalk )
- Piade Rah-e Bagh-e behesht ( Heaven Garden Crosswalk )
- Baam-e Sabz ( Green Roof )
- Derak mountain park