Special Economic Zone
The special economic zone of Shiraz is located in the southeast of this city on the Shiraz-Fasa road, located 4 km of the diversion road of the combined cycle power plant.
The special economic zone of Shiraz is under the control of the Center for Free and Special Economic Affairs and under the direct supervision of the Presidency.
This area is divided into 5 phases: The first phase, with an area of 130 hectares, a second phase: 170 hectares, a third phase: 290 hectares, a fourth phase: 180 hectares, and a fifth phase: 230 hectares.
All Phase I and II infrastructures including: water, electricity, gas, telephone, optical fiber, street lighting, landscaping, asphalt, green space, bascule, customs office building, an area of 17 hectares (21,000 square meters of sheltered storage) And 12,000 square meters of open-air container storage), wall-hangings, firefighters and entrance doors are in place and the infrastructure of the third and fourth phases is underway.
Also, the proximity to Shiraz city and the proximity of the international airport of Shiraz and the railway line has led to the preference of these regions of the country and the establishment of police forces in the region has led to the establishment of appropriate security in the region. In the executive map of the region, recreation centers - Sport, cultural, exhibition, park and green space, hospital, hotel, terminal, banks, gas station, restaurant and residential buildings are projected.
- Close to Shiraz International Airport and easy access to all provincial, Gulf and European centers to accelerate export and import transportation.
- with the road belt of southern Shiraz and the transit road of Shiraz to two major commercial ports (Bandar Abbas and Bushehr port) in the cities of Isfahan and Kerman
- to predicted railway lines in Shiraz, Isfahan and Golgohar and Bushehr
- close proximity to the urban community and the big industrial towns of Shiraz, which, given the favorable climate, is a suitable place for keeping goods and continuous activities in four seasons of the year.
The actual benefits
Existing benefits include the possibility of entering goods without paying customs duties, commercialization and transit, and re-issuing of goods, without limitation and bureaucracy, as well as providing free advice and support for the acquisition of high added value for import of goods into the country.
All of the infrastructure is ready: water, electricity, gas, telephone, sewage network, drainage network, lighting network, green space, security services, and firefighting services.
The special economic zone has allowed the unloading, loading, maintenance and protection of goods in public places. Thus, merchants who have been suspended for customs reasons for their goods, can send their sedimentary goods to the area without being forced to return it.
And use of storage facilities and benefits such as the need to enforce certain regulations.
Available facilities for the release of goods and the provision of services and ease of discharging by the customs of the region in sensitive market situations can be considered to be the greatest benefits and bring about a fair profit for businessmen.
In this regard, the special economic zone places 500 to 1000 square meters of space from the public storage of the region under the control of investors who intend to operate in the special region but have not yet been able to provide land and facilities for the deployment of equipment.
- Import of goods from abroad or free trade zones or industrial area-would be carried out with minimal customs formalities and good internal transit cases would be performed in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- Log entry of merchandise subject to investment article will be done without any customs formalities.
- Goods imported from outside or industrial areas or other commercial zones can be exported without any formalities of the country.
- Management of the region is allowed to assign the region to qualified natural or legal persons after classification and valuation.
- Owners of goods imported to the region can send all or part of their goods for temporary entry in to the country after doing customs clearance regulations.
- If the processing of imported goods is to some extent that changes the tariff of goods, the rate commercial benefit of the goods would be calculated equal the commercial benefit of raw materials and spare parts of the country.
- Importers of goods are allowed to hand over to others part or all of their products against warehouse receipt to be issued by the district administration, in this case the breakdown warehouse receipt holder would be the owner of the goods.
- The management of each district is authorized to issue certificated of origin for goods per applicant out of the area with the approval of the customs.
- All the goods imported to the region for the required production or services are exempted from the general import-export laws. Imports of goods to other parts of the country will be subordinated to export and import regulations.